Electrical Engineering Laboratory Technician
Based: Huddersfield (UK) at the University of Huddersfield
12 month contract
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending upon experience & qualifications
40 hours / week
The electric vehicle (EV) sector is a major growth market in the UK now and in the foreseeable future as car manufacturers seek to reduce carbon emissions from transport.
Entrust EV Technology is our new and innovative sister company focused on the testing, re-use and repurposing of EV batteries to create valuable second life products.
The company is looking to appoint an experienced electrical engineering Laboratory Technician to work as part of our team, based at the University of Huddersfield.
Supported by Government funding, through Innovate UK, the company is developing a revolutionary new battery testing technology to rapidly test EV batteries, enabling them to be repurposed effectively for reuse either in EV’s, light EV’s or in energy storage applications, extending the lifespan of battery cells. Battery components that cannot be reused will be sent onto authorised to recycling contractors.
To support our project and technology development, we have an immediate requirement for an electrical engineering laboratory technician, which will, initially be a 12-month contract, with opportunities for progression and a permanent position should the project be successful and the EV battery testing technology and the re-use and repurposing processes proved as feasible and commercially viable.
The job – duties and responsibilities
This is a new and exciting role. Working closely with our own as well as the University of Huddersfield’s own technical and engineering team, you will be responsible for:
- Helping to set up new EV battery testing and disassembly facilities at the University’s lab
- Setting up and managing an inventory of equipment that will be required and used for the project
- Supporting technical teams in developing EV battery testing equipment, workstations and processes
- Supporting technical teams in developing systems, processes and procedures for EV battery re-use and/or recycling
- Work on assembly and disassembly of EV battery packs, and EV battery testing
- Documenting processes and methodologies for both EV battery testing and dis-assembly of EV batteries
- Keep accurate and legible records of scientific data and work undertaken
- Undertake internal calibrations of equipment using correct methodology and record data
- Maintenance of standards of cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Conform to laboratory and company health and safety procedures, including any Covid-19 requirements as defined by the University
- Carry out any additional duties or tasks as directed that are commensurate with the role and position.
Experience, skills and qualifications
We are looking for an experienced technician with suitable electrical experience, and qualifications, such as:.
- Level 2 Diploma in Access to Building Services Engineering (Electrical)
- Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- T level for Installation and Maintenance Electricians
In addition, you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, be well organised and a reliable team player.
The successful candidate should have attention to detail and be meticulous in their record keeping.
Given this is new technology and new processes that are in development, we are also looking for someone with a positive attitude who is willing to assist the technical teams in overcoming challenges and problems in a way that will help to deliver a successful project.
How to apply
Please submit your CV to
Entrust EV Technology Ltd.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Stephen Tel: 07801 973454