We are currently looking for an ICT and Software Engineer salary up to £60,000. Job description is below – to apply please email your CV and a one page covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to email@example.com
The Role and Responsibilities
Leading the maintenance and further improvement of our control systems software, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Mobile App (IOS and Android) and cloud-based management software for:
- Maintaining and improving our mobile app (IOS and Android versions) to support product development of our home EV charger system/s,
- Maintaining and improving our back-office platform software platform (PC and mobile based) including payment system, to support product development of our commercial EV charging system, EnSmartEV.
- Maintaining and improving our Cloud-Based management system (Entrust Cloud Energy) which supervises all our other software systems for EV charging, home and commercial energy systems.
- Further development of software platforms in accordance with Personal data protection standards such as GDPR 2016 protocols
- Develop and implement software of embedded devices and systems
- Perform software QA and optimise I/O Performance
- Develop, code, test and troubleshoot the system software
- Work in partnership with our academic partners and development team in China in the development of cloud-based software solutions that support monitoring and aggregation of data throughout all of the company’s product suite.
- Production of documents, code, API’s etc to support development software and firmware (IP owned by Entrust Microgrid).
- Supporting the senior management team in managing the company’s product development roadmap.
- Contribution to all required documentation, for example functional design specifications, electrical requirements, controls schematics.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Improving existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification, and for firmware updates
- Create technical specifications
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- Consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems.
Experience and qualifications
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in programming languages including: C or C++, C#, Java, MATLAB, Python etc.
- Experience with IoT networks, SQL, Linux, Cloud Technology and IP Networking
- Experience of communication with embedded systems through RS485 (MODBUS, CAN), WIFI, GPRS (3G/4G/5G), communication programming and API with mainstream industrial communication protocols
- Experience of cloud-based management software development: OCPP communication heartbeat communication with embedded systems
- Experience with Smartphone App: direct communication with embedded systems via blue-tooth, WIFI hotspot, and through cloud-end.
- Experience with cybersecurity: popular communication protocols, VPN
- Experience in EV charging data communication protocols: OCPP and OCPI (preferred)
- Good knowledge of design and coding of PLC/SCADA / Modbus based control communication system software
- Project management: ability to scope and deliver projects, manage schedules and provide formal progress reports
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Accredited from professional approval body or functional safety certified (preferred)
- A meticulous and organised approach to work
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
- Ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload, familiarity working within a SME.
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
Closing date is 15th April 2021.